Benefits of the Professional Edition
- Activates the ‘last login’ service
- A simple user table showing last login date and time
- Ability to delete directly from the user table
- Set an inactive date, for example six months, after which your users become ‘inactive’.
- Set a grace period, which gives users a final period of time by when they must Login.
- Send an email to users warning them they have to login by a certain date or they may be removed.
- Enhanced user table to filter users who are inactive, or in a grace period.
- Deletion queue to quickly remove all inactive users from your site.
The only inactive user plugin that integrates fully with BuddyPress
Active User is fully compatible with BuddyPress. If BuddyPress is activated on your site, you will immediately see last activity data in the plugin table. This is because BuddyPress records last activity data from the start. For a BuddyPress site, the time and date displayed reflects the users last activity, instead of when the logged in, as this is more accurate.
What does the Deletion Queue do?
The Deletion Queue is all about speed. It allows a site administrator to instantly see which of their users haven’t been active. The Deletion Queue uses the date set by you to determine who is inactive. So, if you have specified six months as the inactivity date, any of your users who haven’t logged in (or been active in the case of a BuddyPress site) inside of that time-frame will be deemed inactive and automatically find themselves on this list. Now all you need to do is hit the delete button. Inactive users purged forever.
No more manually working out who your inactive users are. Just delete them in one go. Think of the time you’ve saved. Purchase now.
What is the Grace Period?
The Grace Period is one of the most valuable professional features.
Once enabled, as soon as a user becomes inactive, they enter a grace period. This is similar to a cooling-off period, or a function to give a user the benefit of the doubt by giving them a little bit more time to login, before you take further action.
Another awesome pro feature is the grace period email system. As soon as a user enters the grace period, you can choose to have Active User automatically email the user to warn them they have X amount of time before they are removed.
An Enhanced User Table
The basic edition of Active User comes with a simple user table. So let’s look at each of the awesome new features in the Professional Edition.
- Filter your results to see only users who are inactive, or who are in a grace period
- Handy addition of user ID
- Users in a grace period highlighted yellow
- Inactive users highlighted red
An enhanced user table, allowing you to quickly filter different types of inactivity