Block, Suspend, Report for BuddyPress is made up of three modules
The Block tool allows your members to block another member. They simply click on a ‘block’ button, either on another member’s profile, or on the member list. Once blocked, neither member can send a message to the other. Each member’s profile pages become inaccessible, and display a simple message.
- A simple solution to deal with disputes between members.
- Prevents escalation of abusive or unacceptable conduct between your members.
- Lets your members deal with disputes by themselves, saving you time.
- Your members can see who they have blocked from inside their profile, and can unblock them at any time.
- Pro Feature – users will now not see any activity from members they have blocked, not just prevent sending and receiving of private messages.
- Pro Feature – users will now not see an ‘Add Friend’ button next to anyone that has blocked them.
The Suspend tool allows you, as an administrator, to suspend a member. Available only to administrators is a ‘suspend’ button on your member’s profiles and the members list. Once clicked by you, all of that member’s sessions are terminated, and they will be unable to log back in. They will see a message to contact you for further information.
- Quickly deals with members who have breached your acceptable standards policies.
- Allows you to disable an account, without the grave option of deleting them in full, or the inappropriate flagging of them as a spammer.
- Keeps their profile, uploads, messages and other assets ready, should you decide they can return to the site.
- Pro feature – you can now send an email to the suspended user, at the time you suspend them. This offers them an explanation as to why they can no longer log in, and explain the steps they need to take to be unsuspended.
The Report tool allows your members to flag inappropriate, abusive, or otherwise unacceptable behaviour to the site administrator. Each member’s profile now incorporates a ‘report’ button. Clicking on this button sends an email to the site administrator, highlighting who has reported who, and allowing you to make contact to investigate further.
- Gives your members peace of mind that the site is open to moderation.
- Allows you to deal with any report in your own time, without having to respond to internal messages or other notifications.
- Pro feature – users can write a message to explain why they are making the report.
- Pro feature – you can set a different email address (or addresses) for the users to send their reports to. This means that someone other than the site administrator can handle moderation and community behaviour.